Employment Ad: Procurement Officer
AISHA Association for Women and Child Protection (AISHA), established in 2009, is an independent Palestinian women organization working to achieve gender integration through economic empowerment and psychosocial support to marginalized groups in the Gaza Strip with focus on Gaza City and the North area. AISHA seeks to protect women and children from violence through supporting, empowering, and raising awareness of important psychological, social, legal, and economic issues.
AISHA is recruiting one : Procurement Officer.
For a period of: 12 months renewable.
AISHA is considering the appointment of a qualified Procurement Officer knowledgeable of internal and donors Procurement Regulations who will be responsible for: (i) providing support the team in procurement activities under the project, (ii) planning and processing all procurement to be carried out under the Project, (iii) monitoring the implementation of the procurement plan, and (iv) providing on-job procurement training to AISHA’s staff.
1. Implement, supervise and monitor the implementation of procurements under the project and ensuring integrity, quality and effectiveness of the procurement procedures to be followed;
2. Updating the Project Procurement Plan in consultation with the relevant AISHA’s programs and projects on a periodic basis throughout project implementation to reflect actual projects implementation requirements;
3. Develop all administrative systems related to procurement.
4. Determining the procurement method to be used based on the size of the package in accordance with donors Procurement Regulations and the National Procurement procedures applicable to the projects;
5. Assisting in the preparation of consultants’ terms of reference and administration of their contracts, including processing contract amendments;
6. Drafting bid notices and bidding documents for inviting and obtaining bids for works, goods and services in accordance with Procurement Regulations;
7. Drafting requests for expressions of interest and request for proposals (RFPs) for inviting and obtaining consultants’ services in accordance with Procurement Regulations;
8. Assisting in revising the established procedures for receiving and opening of bids/proposals, ensuring adherence to the evaluation criteria stipulated in the bidding documents/RFPs in a professional and timely manner;
9. Maintaining complete procurement documentation for each contract, both in hard copy and in AISHA procurmenr System for Tracking Exchanges in Procurement including bidding documents, advertisements, bids received, bid evaluations, letters of acceptance, contract agreements, securities, related correspondence, etc., in an orderly manner, readily available for audit;
10. Preparing procurement reports when needed showing the status of ongoing procurement, including a comparison of planned and actual dates of the procurement actions, including preparation of bidding documents, advertising, bidding, evaluation, contract award and completion time for each contract;
11. Working with AISHA procurement staff to enhance the procurement capacities of the staff through on-job training; and
12. Performing other duties as may be assigned by the direct supervisor.
The Procurement officer will be housed at the AISHA Office in Gaza, and will be accountable to the Executive director.
Essential Required Qualifications, Skills, knowledge and Competencies:
1. At least A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Procurement, Purchasing Management, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Finance, Engineering or any other related field;
2. At least 5 years of relevant experience on projects financed by international agencies;
3. Good knowledge of the local procurement procedures, and the national rules and legislations.
4. Strong supervisory and staff support skills. Ability to motivate and lead employees and encourage decisions to be made within a team environment;
5. Good knowledge of technical and operational aspects of procurement implementation;
6. Strong sense of integrity is essential;
7. Fluent in spoken and written English and high computer literacy (Microsoft, Excel and other software), and; Strong communication and reporting skills and ability to work in a team;
- AISHA is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
- We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service.
- Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
For those who are interested in applying, Please, visit http://hr.aisha.ps/public/4/applicants and choose ”Procurement Officer” position and fill the application no later than 31, January, 2023
- تاريخ بداية الاعلان : 2023-01-26
- تاريخ نهاية الأعلان : 2023-02-02