Project: Yoga and Circus Hub Coordinator
Report to: Center Coordinator - Aisha Association for the Protection of Women and Children.
Project Location: Gaza city
Contract: full time
Duration: 7 months
Starting date: 1st of February 2020.
AISHA Association for Women and Child Protection (AISHA), established in 2009, is an independent Palestinian women organization working to achieve gender integration through economic empowerment and psychosocial support to marginalized groups in the Gaza Strip with focus on Gaza City and the North area. AISHA seeks to protect women and children from violence through supporting, empowering, and raising awareness of important psychological, social, legal, and economic issues. Aisha intends to operate the Yoga and Circus Hub that was established in 2017 aiming to improve Palestinian Women and Girls mental and physical wellbeing. Since establishment, the center was open for free classes targeting vulnerable and marginalized women and girls in Gaza, however there is a high request from other women and girls in the Strip to join free or paid/evening classes. Therefore, Aisha looking for center coordinator to improve the work environment and expand the target group to engorge all women and girls in the strip to join the hub/ center activities whenever they need and can.
The establishment of the Gaza Women and Girls Social Circus and Wellness Hub, would look to combine an empowering and holistic approach to health, fitness and wellbeing together with the opportunity to learn a range of exciting and enjoyable new skills in a cooperative and safe social and physical environment. The aim would be to create a space where women and girls will be able to build relationships, trust and a sense of a supportive community. Social circus emphasizes the interconnectedness of mind and body, and gaining physical strength can influence other aspects of one’s life unconsciously and can affect our personal view of ourselves as women in this world.
Yoga is an ancient form of exercise that focuses on strength, flexibility and breathing to boost physical and mental wellbeing. Yoga has been found to be an effective posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) treatment for a variety of trauma survivors, including females with chronic PTSD, especially with a focus on breathing techniques, meditation and mindfulness.
A wide variety of circus skills available, yoga and meditation along with these skills, will allow a holistic approach, which connects the body and the mind, underscoring the need for wellbeing and self-care.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor degree in project management, engineering, social science or related fields (Master degree is preferably).
- Minimum of three years working experience in coordinating projects preferably related to women issues.
- Working experience in community development projects.
- Working experience in fundraising and proposal writing.
- Excellent organizational, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills - able to schedule and priorities people and activities to meet operational deadlines.
- Strong communication, marketing and interpersonal skills including negotiating and influencing skills and ability to write clear & concise reports.
- Ability to run business and basic accounting skills
- Fluency in both Arabic and English languages
- Proficiency in computer skills and Microsoft Application (Work, Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Ability to handle multi-tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinate the Yoga and Circus Hub activities/ classes with Aisha management, other project coordinators, trainers, and also with partner.
- Actively coordinate a range of Hub tasks and to ensure timely delivery, monitoring and reporting of them.
- Oversee and manage day to day implementation of Hub activities in close collaboration with AISHA and the Hub trainers, as per set in the action plan
- Manage the processes related to the assessment, planning, implementation, and follow up activities.
- Develop detailed workplan for the design and implementation of the free and paid classes.
- Develop expenditure and revenue plan
- Develop database for the Hub beneficiaries and their trainers
- Prepare monthly progress and financial reports to brief the programs manager and the hub’s team on the progress made and, on any delays, or issues that might appear during the implementation.
- Prepare progress and final reports that will be sent to the Donor
- Support the financial transaction of the project activities and support the preparation of financial reports in coordination with the financial department that will be submitted to the donor.
- Contribute to the planning, preparations, and undertaking of various procurement activities. [where relevant]
- Ensure efficient internal monitoring of the project, and compliance with funder’s requirements.
- Collect and maintain accurate and up-to-date information on all activities and results.
- Perform any other work entrusted to her by the Executive Director.
How to Apply:
For those who are interested in applying, please, fill the job application form at the following link no later than Monday 27, January, 2020